The 2013 Ocean Waves Workshop was held on Thursday, February 28, 2013, 9:00 - 4:00, at the Lindy Boggs International Conference Center, University of New Orleans.
- Explore recent advances in using wave information to support operations.
- Share & discuss lessons learned and scenarios encountered that relate to wave forces.
- Provide a forum for scientists, engineers, and managers to explore the issues relevant to ocean waves.
Nichols, C. R. and R. G. Williams (Eds.). 2013. Proceedings of Ocean Waves Workshop. New Orleans, LA: University of New Orleans. Available online. URL: http://scholarworks.uno.edu/oceanwaves/2013
The Ocean Waves Workshop is dedicated to the memory of Theodore Robert Mettlach (1951-2011).
Browse the contents of Ocean Waves Workshop 2013:
- Introduction: A Touch of History - Lake Pontchartrain and the Higgins Boat
- Session 1 - Use of wave measurements to save lives and protect property
- Session 2 - Development of wave modeling framework to support operations
- Session 3 - Recent advances and issues in wave buoy technologies
- Session 4 - Accessibility of wave information for scientists, engineers, and managers